Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

5-1: Examining the Motherboard in Detail

1. Looking at the back of the computer (without opening the case) I can tell you that all of the ports below connect directly to the motherboard.
                                                                             
   1. mouse port
   2. keyboard port
   3. serial port
   4. analog video port
   5. sound ports
   6. parallel port
   7. USB ports (4)
   8. FireWire port
   9. network port
   10. phone line ports (2)
   * the power supply connects to the motherboard, but is not directly attatched

2. Yes! I was right about which ports come from the motherboard.

3. I have removed all the expansion cards.

4. Motherboard diagram

5. Four jumpers are labeled in the diagram above.

6. This motherboard is an: 
ASUS M4A78T-E Motherboard - AMD 790GX, AM3 128MB DDR2

7. I obtained the motherboard information from the Tiger Direct website who sells this particular mother board. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4444096&sku=A455-2886

8. Lastly, I reassembled the PC as I learned to do last chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment