Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Evaluating My Interpersonal Skills with Customers and Coworkers




1. Q. In the role of desk-side support to users, what do you think is your strongest social skills that would help you succeed in this role? 
A. I believe I have several strong social skills that would help me succeed including (but not limited to) a positive tone of voice, large vocabulary, I make eye contact and energetic facial expressions and body movements. I'm hygienic and  dress appropriately for the environment. When I am working, I actually have the ability to listen without interrupting! I can speak properly and politely (even when I'm telling someone off). Even when I'm not feeling confident, I can still convey confidence.
2.Q. What is likely to be your greatest interpersonal weakness that might present a challenge to you in this role?
A. My greatest interpersonal weakness would most likely be my sarcasm. I'm not used to having to watch my mouth. Sarcastic comments just blurt out of my mouth as if I had Torrets Syndrome. I don't have patience for extremely uneducated individuals. You have to go to school until the age of sixteen for a reason!
3. Q. What is one change you might consider making that will help you improve on this weakness?
A. I could improve this weakness by using more comprehensive language when I know I'm dealing with an uneducated customer. Being more descriptive and slowing down the conversation will help me relate with the customer better. De-stress activities could also help me keep my cool when I get frustrated.
4. Q. In the role of phone support at a help desk, what part of the job would you enjoy the most? What part would give you the greatest challenge?
A. If I worked as a phone support technician at a help desk, the part that I would enjoy the most would be how extremely hard it would be to screw anything up. It's something robots can do...I'm sure I couldn't mess it up too bad. The greatest challenge for me would be the boredom of having to sit at a desk all day with out any face to face interaction or the ability to socialize with my coworkers to break up the monotony. 
5. Q. When making on-site calls to corporate branches, what part of this job would you enjoy the most? What interpersonal skills, if any, would you need to develop so that you could do your best in this role?
A. The part of the on-site call I would enjoy the most would be the driving in between calls. I like to drive. I don't think on-site technicians require as many interpersonal skills as remote jobs, because the customer is going to be happy that someone finally showed up to fix their problem. As long as the technician is on time and fixes the problem, most customers don't care about the techs appearance or use of eye contact. It would be beneficial for me to build up a tolerance for rude customers so that I could do the best in this role.

No comments:

Post a Comment