Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chapter 16

16-1: Digging Deeper into System File Checker

1. The parameters besides scannow are; scanboot, revert, purgecache, cachesize=X


2. The purpose of the findstr command is to exclude patterns, and lets you use regular expressions.

3. No, sfcdetails.txt can be used in the command line.

4. The edit command compares the files to their state the last time that file checker was run.

16-4: Sabotage a Windows XP System

1. I opened task manager by selecting Ctrl, Alt, Del simultaneously and chose Start Task Manager from the list.











A lot of big numbers, I know.

I changed the winlogin.exe process to biteme.exe. When I rebooted I got a barrage of error messages, but changing the file name didn't actually make windows crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment