Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chapter 17

17-1: Investigating Your PC

1. The NIC (Network Interface Card) is the hardware used.

2. The Mac address is: 00-E0-4D-7F-3C-38

3. The IP address of my PC is 10.20.205.107

4. The utility I used was ipconfig(space)all.

17-3: Researching Switches

1. The three switches are shown below;



 2. I would use the switch with the most available ports. When choosing a switch I would keep in mind the number of computers I am going to be hooking up to the network.

3. These are the network adapters I found:

 4. I would recommend the Belkin Gigabit USB 2.0 Network Adapter because of its plug-and-play capability.

5. The minimum upgrade cost including one switch and four network adapters comes to a total of $71 before tax, shipping, and handling.








No comments:

Post a Comment